Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2016
Sunday, January 03, 2016
|ANSWER KEYS XAT 2016 - SET A
- (C) A very good understanding of the World Map is required to answer this question. West of Yemen and Saudi Arabia would be towards Europe. The correct answer is Red Sea, Option (C).
- (B) A very specific question. A basic understanding of the budget is required. Option (D) can be eliminated because fiscal deficit includes revenue deficit and hence is always more. The correct answer is option (B).
- (B) A lot of questions in GK this year pertained to the geography and politics of Middle East. Sinai is a part of Egypt and is located in Asia. A Russian plane was downed in this region in November 2015. Hence the correct answer is option (B).
- (C) The correct answer is option (C) Singapore. An easy guess if one is aware of the major events in Economy and business.
- (A) Perumal Murugan, the writer was in the news recently (January 2015) for announcing dramatically that the writer is dead. The correct answer is option (A).
- (A) The correct answer is option (A), Madhya Pradesh. Approximately 31% of the total area of Madhya Pradesh is under forest cover which also contributes to approximately 13% of the total area under forests in India.
- (E) Meghnad Saha was a Physicist. The correct answer is option (E). A sitter!
- (B) A VERY COMPLICATED SITUATION INDEED! Statement (4) can be eliminated and statement (1) is correct. This leaves us with options (A) and (B). Saudi Arabia (Sunni) opposes Assad (Shia) and Iran (Shia) supports him. Hence the correct answer is option (B).
- (A) Angus Deaton is a renowned economist who was awarded the Nobel Prize for his analysis of consumption, poverty and welfare in 2015. The correct answer is option (A).
- (C) TCS is not a conglomerate (it is a pure IT company) whereas the rest are. The correct answer is option (C). One of the few easy questions in XAT this year! Do not confuse TCS with Tata Group.
- (A) The point in South America which is shared by Argentina and Chile, is the closest landmass to Antarctica. Hence the correct answer is option (A).
- (C) The “New Horizon” is a mission to Pluto launched by NASA in 2006. It was in the news recently because in July 2015, it became the first spacecraft to explore the planet. Correct answer is option (C).
- (D) An easy question! This topic has been in the news consistently in 2015. The correct answer is option (D).
- (B) Inuit are a group of people inhabiting the Arctic areas of Greenland, Canada and Alaska. The Inuit paradox is that though the Inuits consume a lot of fats and no fruits, they are still very healthy. The correct answer is option (B). A tough one!
- (A) The correct answer is option (A). Options (B),(C) and (E) can be eliminated due to semantic reasons. It is unusual for a band to be called ‘Corporation’. An easy guess if you don’t know the exact answer!
- (D) Elon Musk is the product architect of Tesla and is regarded as the wealthiest person in Los Angeles. The correct answer is option (D).
- (E) Raspberry PI is a credit card sized single board computer. It has been developed in the United Kingdom. The correct answer is option (E).
- (B) An easy one for movie aficionados! Matrix is a Wachowski Brothers creation and Christopher Nolan is not associated with it. The remaining movies have been directed by him. The correct answer is option (B).
- (E) Timbuktu is a city in Mali which is still inhabited. In the 2009 census it had a population of 54,453. The correct answer is option (E).
- (C) RuPay is an Indian domestic card scheme envisioned and implemented by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The correct answer is option (C).
- (B) Plasmodium Vivax is protozoal parasite which is one of the chief causes of Malaria. The correct answer is option (B).
- (E) The Pilatus PC-7 is a training aircraft manufactured by Pilatus aircraft of Switzerland. In 2015, the Indian government decided to buy 38 more of these aircrafts. The correct answer is option (E).
- (D) India is not one of the largest producers of carrot in the world. The Top five carrot producing nations are China, Russia, United States, Poland and Uzbekistan. The correct answer is option (D).
- (D) Can be answered logically! In India most of the borrowing is from domestic sources. Hence it has the lowest external debt among the nations mentioned. The correct answer is option (D).
- (E) Except for Itanagar all other cities have some major automobile company presence in them. Hence the correct answer is option (E).
~ All the best – Kar ke dikhayenge ~
PT Education ● 22 years ● 4,50,000 students ● 50 cities ● Legacy of success