(Jan 16, 2000)
The test paper was of a jumbled up type question paper comprising of 150 questions to be attempted in allotted 2 hrs. time.
Total 150 Questions
Time 120 min.
No Negative Marking
Marks per question 4 marks
Q. 1 to 30 Paragraph Type Questions (Reading Comprehension)
Q. 31 to 60 EU
Q. 61 to 90 Maths
Q. 91 to 120 LR + VR
Q. 121 to 150 GK
There were 3 very simple passages supplemented
with highlights. The themes of the passages were as given below :
1) Synectics (a subject of Production Management)
2) Brainstorming (Walt Disney & group methods used to create cartoons)
3) On change management - how to remove resistance of employees to change
Total 30 questions were there based on
Antonyms, Synonyms, Spellings, Grammatical Errors,
Fill up the blanks, Verbal analogies etc.
(The questions on Grammatical Errors are the same given in the PT's FMS Mock Test Paper).
Sample questions(1) MA + LR : Q. When will a curve become parallel to x-axis
(2) Average of central tendency is nearest to
(i) AP (ii) GP (iii) HP one more option
(i) e2 (ii) e3 (iii) 3e (iv) 5e
(4) If p, q, r are in A.P. and x, y, z are in G.P. the px - y . qy - z : rz - x = 4 options (ans. 1)
(i) Ö2 (ii) Ö2/2 .......
(6) If 65 nos. have averge so with S.D. 3 and 85 nos have average 70 with
what is the S.D. of group.
(i) 5.85 (ii) 5.63 (iii) 34 (iv) none of these
(8) When will be coefficient of correlation will be
(i) Both increasing
(9) Sample size : (1) = 36 } 6 = 3
Mean = 70
Sample size : (x) = 65 } 6 = 6 Mean = 2
(10) 5 men and 7 women can do a job in 5 days, 7 men
and 9 women can do same job in 4 days.
Find the ratio of rates of the efficiency of w : m ?
, a, b are roots, a + b = ?
(i) -1 (ii) 1 (iii) 0 (iv) None of these
(12) a, b, c are in A.P. a/bc, 2/c, 2/b are in
(i) A.P. (ii) G.P. (iii) H.P. (iv) None
Mean Standard Deviation
35 terms 80 4
65 terms 70 3
(13) What's the combined S.D. ?
(i) 5 : 85 (ii) 5 : 58 (iii) 14. 25 (iv) None
(14) Square of difference from average will be
(i) A.M. (ii) G.M. (iii) H.M. (iv) None
(15) Length of train A is 180 m and train B in
100 m. Speed of train A is 40% more than B. Both trains crossed
each other in 6 sec. Find the speed of train A ?
Four options were given with this question.
(17) In third quadrant tan q = 2, then sin q = ?
(18) Which will have the least std. deviation
(i) A.M. (ii) G.M.
(20) How many positive roots will be in equation x3 - 3x + 5 = 0 ?
(21) Sum of series = 3x2 + 5, then find the term which has value of 159 = ?
(22) Value of
LR + VR
(1) Jonga is associated with ? (automobile)
(2) India's most happening pradesh ? (Andhra Pradesh)
(3) Ataro Means (i) Game (ii) Ready to be attacked ....
(4) Benetton was first in India to
(i) Multi-coloured Cap (ii) Unixes Underwear (iii) Scanted Shirt (iv) Power Goggles
(5) Which is not a perfume ?
(i) Charlie (ii) Lata (iii) Channel (iv) Loreal Excel
(6) Which is not a tea brand ?
(i) Tarzan (ii) Gemini (iii) Star / Flower (iv).....
(7) Bank is originated from ?
(8) Tea Consumption ?
(9) Versa Guinni designed clothes for ? (Suggested answer - Italian Army)
Corporate HQ : 41 DF, Scheme No. 74 C, Vijay Nagar, Indore.
Ph. : (0731) 202855, 202866 Fax: (0731) 204866
Branch Office : 28/6 South Tukoganj, Indore -1 (M.P.)
Ph. : (0731) 529515, 527209
PT centres spread all across India