(Dec 05, 1999)
(1) TIME LIMIT - 2.30 HRS.
(2) NO SECTIONAL TIME LIMIT
(3) NEGATIVE MARKING - 1/3 OR 33%
(4) TOTAL No. OF QUESTIONS - 200.
(5) Break up
EU/RC = 40 questions
MA = 40 questions
DI & DS = 40 questions
Critical Reasoning = 40 questions
General Knowledge = 40 questions
Total 200 questions
(6) Toughness level of paper : The whole paper was a very conventional one, having no surprise element emphasis was to check basics of ones undertaking of these areas. It was a childs play for brilliant students, He took it as a warm-up prior to CAT. All the sections were very easy some of the questions were repeated. General section was the toughest of all where emphasis was to check awareness level of a person with regards to business world and sensitivity towards Indian global political scenario.
EU/RC Section; English 40 questions
There were 2 passages, Both were small passages, questions were direct, each passage was followed by 6 questions.
Passage 1. Importance of colour in Life. Passage would talk about different colors, and why would somebody choose colour say Red, Copper etc.
1. According to passage Red colour shows
2. Which colour is outdated ? Childishly simple.
Passage 2. Research done about life on Mars.
1. Title of the Passage.
2. According to passage following is true.
Passage talked about possibility of Algae on Mars. Algae being found in Siberia. .. life on Mars.
(A) PROPITIOUS (B) PENURY (3) DREG (4) AFFRONT (5) CHARISMA
(A) GRAVE (2) CONFIDANT (3) SCRIMP (4) AMALGAMATION
Five Verbal Analogies.
1. Trailer : Movie Ans. : Advertisement : Product
2. Paint : Brush
3. Cement : Travel.
Sorry ... can't remember further !
Fill in the blanks / Sentence Correction were there. They were very simple and straight forward.
1. I hope she .......... come. (should, will can, may)
Eight questions were based on choose the correct option.
(a) State I Alone (b) State II Alone (c) Both (d) None of these
MATHS : 40 Questions (40 Minutes ) :
Some of the questions were :
1. What is the value of 12 + 22 + 32+ ..... 202
2. What is the area of the field
3. What is the area of PQRS ?
4. Area of two triangles is in ratio 9 :16. What is the ratio of the sides ?
5. If P = x2 - 6 / x2 - 7 and Q = x + 6 / x + 7. Find P/Q.
6. 2a - 11b /2a + 11b = 3/7. Find a/b.
7. Which equation is a quadratic equation?
8. What is the common difference when second term is 6 & sum to infinity of the series is 18 ?
9. The area of four walls is 240 m2 and cost of painting it
is Rs.120. The height is 4m & the length is twice the breadth.
Find the area of the floor ?
NOTE : The topic wise distribution of questions were as follows :
Probability: 4 Ques.
Boats & streams : 2 Ques.
Trains, time, speed : 4 Ques.
Mensuration : 4 Ques.
Geometry (Plane) : 5 Ques.
Number systems : 8 Ques.
Equations : 4 Ques.
Average CP-SP, Percentages : 5 Ques.
Section 2 - Data Interpretation
Q. 1 to 15 Very simple questions of Data Sufficiency (Indeed very simple questions). on value of x, value of y on heights.
A student has 5 subjects & maximum score is 540.
Q. In which subject did he get 108.
Q. What is the total of English & Social Science?
Q. Marks in English is what % of Social Science marks
Q. Difference of marks in which 2 subjects is same as that of English & Social Science.
One more question was there based on the pie-chart.
For question 21 to 25 a simple table was given. The revenue of 4 companies for 4 years was given, followed by simple questions were based on this table.
Q. Which company had the some revenue for any 2 years ?
Q. Which company has shown maximum percentage increase in revenue overall ?
Q. What is the ratio of revenue of Company 1 to 4 for 1997 ?
Two more questions were based on this table.
Q. 26 - 30 :
Q. Which year has shown highest % increase.
Q. How many had returns above average
Q. Percentage increase of 1996 over 1995
Q. Which one is closest to the average.
One more question was there based on this bar graph.
Q. 31-35 : Question on production of 2 wheelers for 4 years for 3 companies - Bajaj Auto, Telco & TVS-Suzuki.
Sorry .... can't remember these questions.
CRITICAL REASONING - 40 Questions
Four questions were based completion of series.
Q. 1, 1, 2, 6, 24, ........, 720
Q. 625, 5, 125, 25, 25 . 5.
Five Questions on Venn diagram :
Five diagrams followed by 4 options. The diagram suits which relationship. For example
(a) ....... (b) ...... (c) ........ (d) .......
Ans. Beverages, Coffee, tea.
Ans. Musician, men, women.
Fruits, Vegetables, Apples.
Q. circle - urban people D - employed, - educated, O - honest.
Five questions on the various regions.
Five questions on coding - decoding.
See good picture - 324
Picture new book 216
And so on where different digits stand for different words.
All white are black. All black are Orange.
All orange are black
All orange are white
All black are white
All white are orange
Five Questions on Venn diagrams.
Q. How many D s are there in this figure
Five questions of Implicit -Explicit type.
2 sentences & 2 inferences. Which inference is implicit ?
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SECTION
An HOLE [3 other options here given ].
[S. Korea, Japan, Iraq]
[Wintel, Indus group .....]
Toyota is tying up with which of the following group.
(1) TATA (2) ISRO, (3) KIRLOSKAR
7. What is the name of the essay by Arundhati Roy, on nuclear tests ?
(1) Boom (2) The end of Inagulation (3) The great god.
8. Who is the Author of the book on which the film Earth is based ..
(a) Bapsi Sidhwa.
14. Dalmia Mills is being merged with which of the following Companies :
(A) Arvind Mill
15. Name the companies, which have been sued by "KODAK" for infringement of patent rights.
16. Where is sea of tranquility
17. Walker is a character of which comic strip ? (Plastom)
18. Father of Automobile ?
19. Opposition leader of 13th Lok Sabha?
20. Which is not a search Engine ?
(A) Yahoo (B) Infoseek (C) Altavista (D) ........
21. President of First Labour Congress ?
22. "Expand your Horizons" is the punch line of .
23. Which countrys flag has symbol of St. George cross on it.
24. Who contended opposite of Atal Bihari Vajpayee from Lucknow Seat ?
25. Recently "Mahindra" has sold its majority stock to ..
26. Apple Computers was sued by which company for infringement of trade Mark.
27. How many languages are recognised by the Constitution of India ?
28. Vijay B. is CEO of which Company.
29. What are the temperate grasslands of Australia called ?
30. Lego System Company is merging with / associating with which Company.
31. Name of Arundhati Roys latest Novel.
Did you know that Last Year's All India MAT
topper was a PT student ?
Yes.. Vinaysheel Babar scored 800 / 800 in the December 1997 MAT!!
HQ : 41 DF, Scheme No. 74 C, Vijay Nagar, Indore.
Ph. : (0731) 202855, 202866 Fax: (0731) 204866
Branch Office : 28/6 South Tukoganj, Indore -1 (M.P.)
Ph. : (0731) 529515, 527209
PT centres spread all across India